Over the Christmas holiday period the CAA NT wants you to avoid some of the common travel “bugs” that can spoil a holiday, below are some travel tips to help you avoid irritating your spine over the break.
Travelling by car or bus.
1. Take regular stretch breaks at least every 1 – 2 hours.
2. Tuck in your chin & roll your shoulders back every hour to loosen tight muscles.
3. Use a back support behind the back.
4. Sit upright with your head back before setting the position of your mirrors. This
will remind you not to slouch.
5. Put your seat upright & ensure your tailbone is as far back in the seat as it can be.